I tried to name this smoothie based on it’s content and well it was just a bit too hard so instead you just got Merly’s Superfood Smoothie Bowl.
I’m writing this up because I got a few requests on my personal Facebook and Instagram so here goes!
Below is serving for 1 person, which you can make in a Magic Bullet / NutriBullet Blender or similar, otherwise you can just multiply the ingredients depending on how many you serving in a normal size blender.
smoothie bowl Base
Ingredients for smoothie base:
- 1 cup of plant based milk of your choice – we used almond milk
- 1/2 of a large avocado
- 1 serving of pea protein powder
- 1/2 cup of frozen mixed berries
- 1 scoop of wholefood superfood mix with marine greens – I like to use Green Qi
- Optional – add any crushed supplements, here I used Immune Health for my son (this is our family’s herbal medicine ESSENTIAL that can be given from age 2 years)
Blend the ingredients and pour into a bowl.
Side note, you could add honey or soaked dates in the smoothie base however I prefer to have control of the level of sweetness with my toppings instead.
Toppings you can really put anything you like but here is what I used:
- Shredded coconut and chia seed to sprinkle – as much as you like
- 1 scoop of nut butter – I tried the Wellness Road Power Mix of 5 nuts & seeds spread. You can get this from Coles only as it’s a Coles home brand, the family seemed to like it
- 1 handful of paleo granola – I love Goldenvale’s Paleo Granola with honey pecan which you find only at Aldi
- Chopped up dates or drizzle of honey for sweetness or both!
Then sit back, scoop and enjoy.
Let me know if you tried it and snap me a picture tag me on Instagram.