Tried a new dish called polenta bake with veggie stuff for hubby and Laura’s lunch box tomorrow and it’s OMG delicious! So good I had to share.
Prep time 30 minutes
Serves 3 – 4 people
- 1 pumpkin, peeled, de-seeded and cut into cubes
- Herbs of your choice (I used Italian mixed herbs)
- 500mls of stock (I used veggie stock)
- 1 cup of polenta
- 100g of greens stuff (I used baby spinach, I think baby kale would be delicious too)
- Jar of stuffed bell peppers
- Handful of sliced cherry tomatoes or whatever veggies you have on hand, olives, capsicum or mushrooms would be nice.
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese or whatever cheese substitute you prefer
Roast pumpkin with oil and herbs for 20 mins at 200’C.
Boil stock, then slowly pour the polenta and stir continuously on low heat for 8 mins. When ready stir in 50% of the cheese in mixture. Add the roasted pumpkin.
Scoop out polenta onto a baking dish, push handfuls of the green stuff into the polenta, decorate with bell peppers, cherry tomatoes and the remaining cheese then bake for 20 mins.
Oh and season with salt and pepper whenever you like, at the end when serving, perhaps before baking or when cooking the polenta.
Tadaaaaah! Your welcome.
Tip: You could also swap out the pumpkin for zucchini or sweet potato and totally go crazy with the garlic and spices. Let me know if you try it and what you changed for your tasty buds.
Get even healthier!
Want help learning how to choose and use nutritious fats and other good-for-you foods? Curious about how health coaching can help you make your own healthy changes? Let’s talk! Schedule a complimentary health discovery consultation with me today or pass this offer on to someone you care about!
I received my training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, where I learned about more than one hundred dietary theories and studied a variety of practical lifestyle coaching methods. Drawing on this knowledge, I will help you create a completely personalized “roadmap to health” that suits your unique body, lifestyle, preferences, and goals.
Learn more about my training and my unique approach to health coaching.